PDA

View Full Version : The Cost of Hauling

sledbunnyracing
01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I noticed on another thread a comment about the cost of Diesel when hauling longer distances.

Diesel prices (costs)....we just got back from a sled trip to British Columbia (live in Edmonton Alberta) and its about 6.5 hours each way.

Two years ago we did the trip for $250.00 in diesel.
Last year we did it for $385.00
This year is was $480.00

Wow, if it were not for a good paying job this higher fuel costs would really reduce the amount trips I could make. Although we share thes costs, many of my trips are with my son so I have to cover 50%.

Just my 2 cents woth of nothing...lol.

Tdvjensen
11-08-2008, 02:23 PM
What really gets me is though my DirtyMax gets better mileage (barely) than my 2500 Gmc 6.0L, it still doesnt make up for the difference in fuel price being how diesel is 117.9 and gas is 88.9. WTF?

Thinksun
11-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I noticed on another thread a comment about the cost of Diesel when hauling longer distances.

Diesel prices (costs)....we just got back from a sled trip to British Columbia (live in Edmonton Alberta) and its about 6.5 hours each way.

Two years ago we did the trip for $250.00 in diesel.
Last year we did it for $385.00
This year is was $480.00

Wow, if it were not for a good paying job this higher fuel costs would really reduce the amount trips I could make. Although we share thes costs, many of my trips are with my son so I have to cover 50%.

Just my 2 cents woth of nothing...lol.

Flip, I'd pay a grand to go riding right now. Seriously?- it cost almost $500 between how many? Even though we have had snow it will be a month before trail riding (flat lander here- not mountain). But I don't have to trailer, I can ride from house quickly to 1000's of miles of groomed trails.

Zaairman
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
What really gets me is though my DirtyMax gets better mileage (barely) than my 2500 Gmc 6.0L, it still doesnt make up for the difference in fuel price being how diesel is 117.9 and gas is 88.9. WTF?

Really? That's awful. Even with the high cost of diesel, my F-250 costs the same to run as my old F-150 with the little V-8.