PDA

View Full Version : Solid Motor Mounts

livelegend
10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Curious of how much solid motor mounts cost, and were i can get some
Budget wont allow it now but hopefully i can get them in the future bcuz there is a lot of slack wen WFO w/o much positive trim.

Glastron_GT160
10-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Bobsmachine has aluminum motor mounts.... run about $75USD/set

Don't forget to factor in the additional dental bills though to replace those fillings that rattle loose! ..lol

boat.1

http://www.bobsmachine.com/images/alum_Mnts.gif

sspeed66
10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Doesen't anyone make polyurethane mounts ? How about for the 70's Mercs ?
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SidewindersRCool
10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Glastron is right... more than just fillings... how about the rest of the motor and your boat shaking apart too.
The motor mounts are relatively cheap to purchase and 2 of them are relatively cheap to install as the other 2 are not... I beleive the job pays something like 4 plus hours labour to get them all in as more than you can imagine has to come apart to get them in.

benski
10-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Just musingidea_2, I wonder if there are enough people out there that polyurethane mounts would be a potential money maker. They would obviously be a halfway house between the factory rubber mounts and the aluminum. I'll bet the guys in Australia could build some up as a prototype to see fairly quickly, but I won't fool myself in to thinking that the first set will be inexpensive..:)

sspeed66
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Australia ? Why not here, somewhere ?? I would buy a couple right now .

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

benski
10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I say Australia because they are the only folks that I am aware of in current production of polyurethane mounts.The mounts and bushings they currently make are for automobiles. It seems like if they were given a specification, they could expand into a different market segment quite easily. There may certainly be more manufacturers, I just haven't checked.idea_2

sspeed66
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Ahhh. Interesting. I made a couple last year for a 76 Harley golf cart that I restored last year. I still have a chunk of P-U craphittingfanLOL. I'm going to check that out right now. All I need is dimensions .idea_2
The piece I have is 2" OD X 3/4 ID X 8" L

Blizz
10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
The market would probably be small as the big performance guys will go with nothing but solid and the average boater will not pay the money for installation and more vibration in thier family boat. And Eryk you got to pull your powerhead to install the upper mounts, Could be a good winter project if your motor is indoors and warm.

benski
10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
They would indeed be right in the middle of those two choices. That may be exactly why someone hasn't jumped into the fray already. I certainly do like what they do for the handling improvement on my car, though!idea_2:)