PDA

View Full Version : '73 18' Seat Covers?

ya_goobee
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I want to restore my '73 18' interior back to the original type seat coverings (buttons?). The seating is back to back and one on each side of the dog house. I am looking for detailed images of an original interior seating, or a pattern to use (old, original seating), or someone who has done this work. If anyone has this info or could help please let me know. Thanks. Mike

bzook
09-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I want to restore my '73 18' interior back to the original type seat coverings (buttons?). The seating is back to back and one on each side of the dog house. I am looking for detailed images of an original interior seating, or a pattern to use (old, original seating), or someone who has done this work. If anyone has this info or could help please let me know. Thanks. Mike

I have all my interior restoration pics in the gallery under bzook. Although mine is a 16 footer.

ya_goobee
09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. Very nice work and documentation. I may have not been correct in my terminology of back to back seating. To view the type of seating I was trying to refer to please look in "Members Rides - My '73 18' Jet".

Ferguson_Poole
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello, I cannot recall if the 16' and 18' seats are the same (I believe they are), but we do have a new old stock bottom seat cushion assembly (painted plywood, foam, and white upholstery) @ $119.99 on hand from when my family's marine business was a Sidewinder dealership. This should give a competent upholsterer a "master" to make the matching (3) bases, and the backrests should be fairly easy with the measurements from the fiberglass seat frame, a picture, and the "master" base. We had a customer with a Glastron V-143 restoration purchase (1) new old stock backrest from us, and the upholsterer's work on the balance of the seats was outstanding when completed.
Regards, Joe. (770) 597-5992 or jdpjratlanta@msn.com

Please see the seat base assembly (vertically leaning against a wall), and a shot of the 14' Super interior (it has the same design motif, and the picture was handy).

ya_goobee
09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Joe,
Thanks for the reply and the info. I have located a boat with a complete, original interior. I may use that one as the "master". If I do not I will be back in contact with you. Mike

ya_goobee
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Joe,
Thank you for selling me the seat cushion. It is exactly what I need for a master pattern. The packaging was excellent and it arrived quickly and without issue. I look forward to doing business with you again in the future.
Mike