Originally Posted by cturboaddict
Better safe than sorry. Drill one right in the center, take a look at the chips.
I thought the site may have closed as I tried to log in quite a few times over the last 6-8 months but it wouldn't connect. Only today I received a birthday message from the site so I knew it was back.
A lot has happened with Grizzly. After stripping all the gear (Engine, ski pole cut out the transom seats etc) off the back the full extent of the damage was realised. What was left of the transom was like wet newspaper!! The guy I ended up contracting to do the rebuild said it was the worst one he's seen. I have a video of him stripping out the old transom.... "With His Fingers". He couldn't believe the engine had stayed on it. If it wasn't for the ski pole I'd made it would've been 'game over'.
Anyway.. it's all been fixed by a shipwright in Sydney and he's upgraded it to handle to push from the bigger motor. New battery box, bilge pump, depth sounder & hull access ports added to the floor.
My brother in-law resprayed it, and we've been skiing all this summer. My son Connor is now on one ski and getting adventurous.
In short I took the easy way out but it cost me as much as the boat did in the first place!! Ha Ha. Still... it was worth it we've had a great season (still a month or so to go).
Glad its done. I'll sort out my photo bucket account and post the short video and some pics of it during repairs and finished.
All the best to you guys at Sidewinder and thanks for the advice. I just knew it was beyond me to repair it on my own and in time for the season.